WHERE WE STAND
For us, Berlin is not just home it’s a way of life. Whether we’re from Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain or Spandau, Sustainability is a part of the Berlin experience. The city is on its way to achieving its goals in sustainable development and as true Berliner, this means we are too!
Armed with a clear sustainability plan, our internal departments are optimising our operations to reduce our environmental impact, do the right thing by our staff and communities and engage our guests with transparent information about our objectives.
- We have our own solar system producing energy at a maximum rate of 183kwh per day. For the rest, we use renewable energy sources. Hey wait, that means we use 100% renewable energy.
- We use planet-friendly district heating (Fernwärme) for 100% of our heating and warm water.
- All areas of the hotel have individual temperature and light controls – so we only heat and cool what we need and nothing else
- We use chemical free and eco-labeled cleaning detergents in our restaurant and guest rooms.
- We reduce waste by not putting water bottles & snacks in our guest rooms - we have 701 rooms!
- All our waste is sorted. The weight of all kinds of waste is recorded and analyzed, we use the data to design measures to reduce and recycle even further.
- Our rooms are cleaned with cleaning rags, which are washed in-house and reused,and reused, and reused ...
- In our rooms, bathroom shampoos and soaps are only replaced when they are completely empty.
- We are reducing paper waste across the hotel, like switching to a paperless office model, a digital guest self-check-in service, working with the digital ordering system Lightspeedin Lütze and teaming up with mobilo for digital business cards.
- OK, in a few areas, we are not saving paper. Our laundry bags and take-out packaging for a start - but that means we’ve eliminated plastics
- Sorting waste bins are provided in all the public areas of the hotel.
- We save resources by not supplying individual conference guests pens, water glasses and paper. But don’t worry, everything is still within easy reach.
- We signed up to the platform TooGoodToGo to sell our breakfast buffet leftovers which would otherwise go to waste. Goodbye, leftovers!
- We manage all of our food waste with the Winnowsystem. Based on the collected data, we take action to reduce food waste
- We provide the option for conference guests to choose delicious individually portioned food
- bowls instead of a buffet, or they can share a centralized buffet at their break time. This can reduce food waste and save food!
- We have a secured bike room with e-bike charging stations and we are installing three on-site charging stations for electric cars. We partner with local bike company My Hotel Bike.
- Our central Berlin location makes it´s super easy for our guests to access convientient public transportation options.
- For example, the famous 100 bus stops just 140 metres from the hotel, and the subway station, with great connections, is just a short 450 metre walk away.
Together we’re making moves toward a more sustainable future
We want to make it easy for all ourguests to make green choices
- Bed linen is only changed by request or after the third day of your stay.
- Only towels left on the floor are replaced.
- Guests can choose not to have the room cleaned, in the check in process or just put the “don´t disturb” card on the door.
- Sorting waste bins are provided in all the public areas, with your help, we recycle as much as we can.
- We offer planet-friendly vegetarian and vegan food options for breakfast and events, of course, also in our restaurant Lütze.
- Guests can sit and sip on one of our tasty cocktails, like a Berlin Mule with Bio alcohol-free Gin from our Berlin friends at Spree gin, or a classic Limo from our friends, and mega-for-the-planet-good-guys Fritz Kola.
- We provide the option for conference guests to choose delicious individually portioned food bowls instead of a buffet, or they can share a centralized buffet at their break time. This can reduce food waste.
- Our central Berlin location makes it´s super easy for our guests to access convenient public transportation options. For example, the famous 100 bus stops just 140 meters from the hotel, and the subway station, with great connections, is just a short 450 meter walk away.
- Bikes from the local team at My Hotel Bike are ready and waiting to whisk guests away of their own Berlin adventure.
- And we can´t wait to recommend our guest to enjoy a unique sustainable tour in Berlin! How about discover Berlin´s nature, visit the sustainable places in Berlin, eat in a sustainable restaurant, and do a sustainable shopping? More tips for a green visit in Berlin!
For us, Berlin is not just home, the city’s dynamic and nonconformist spirit is in our DNA.
We collaborate locally as much as we can. From using our green fingers to improve and clean-up the neighbourhood with WirBerlin, to Berlin based My Hotel Bike.
Our hotel is packed with art by local artists, and stories of famous faces to everyday heroes. In our rooms, the community project You, Me & Berlin celebrates Berlin’s diverse neighbourhoods and the people who live there. We even have our own Art Club in which local artists create stunning urban art works on walls throughout the hotel.
At Lütze, we look after locals & guests and support local sustainable businesses by serving healthy, vegan-based bowls and plates, packed with locally sourced goodness.
Our weekly evening events, feature beers and spirits from Berlin makers and give locals and guests the chance to connect and be part of a vibrant community.
... and much, much more!
We are BREEAM certified, with an assessment rating very good. Breeam is the world’s leading assessment system for the sustainability of buildings.
We are also certified with Green Key, the leading standard of excellence in environmental responsibility & sustainable operations within the tourism industry